- Profile Evaluation
Study in USA
Study in Canada
Study in UK
Study in Australia
Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Case Studies
This test comprises four sections: Reading, Listening, Writing, and Speaking, and takes about an hour to complete. The candidate can retake the test twice a month.
To evaluate a candidate’s performance, this exam uses both human raters and automated scoring methods.
The DET score is valid for up to TWO years.
· Can understand very basic English words and phrases. · Can understand straightforward information and express themselves in familiar contexts.
· Can understand the main points of concrete speech or writing on routine matters such as work and school · Can describe experiences, ambitions, opinions, and plans, although with some awkwardness or hesitation.
· Can fulfill most communication goals, even on unfamiliar topics · Can understand the main ideas of both concrete and abstract writing · Can interact with proficient speakers fairly easily
· Can understand a variety of demanding written and spoken language including some specialized language use situations · Can grasp implicit, figurative, pragmatic, and idiomatic language · Can use language flexibly and effectively for most social, academic, and professional purposes
Note: A test score in the range of 90-115 is equivalent to IELTS overall 6.5 band score
It takes 48 hours to get the result of the Duolingo English Test i.e two days. Once the result gets generated, it’s posted on DET official website. Also, the candidate receives an email regarding the same.
Parts of the Examination
There are two elements to this test:
- The first section consists of an adaptive test.
- The second half of this test is a 10-minute video call interview in which the examiner will ask the candidate many questions, and if the candidate answers them correctly, he or she will be given the opportunity to pass this examination.
The adaptive component is further divided into four sections, which are as follows:
What Should You Do to Prepare for the Duolingo English Test?
The Duolingo English Test Paper is an English Proficiency test that is required for international applicants to meet the admissions requirements at numerous universities in the United States and Canada. This examination, like the TOEFL or the IELTS, does not need a person to leave their home; it may be taken at any time and from any location using just their PCs or laptops. This test assesses all aspects of English language proficiency, including reading, writing, speaking, and listening. As a result, several universities regard this test to be the admissions test for their institutions. Candidates can prepare for this test paper in a very simple manner; all they have to do is incorporate certain basic things in their lives to preparing for the test.
Duolingo English Exam Test Pattern
The Duolingo English test includes seven different item kinds, all of which draw on the test taker’s reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills. It has a distinct pattern that must be followed, which includes:
- Duolingo Questions C-Test – The C-test is used to determine a person’s reading ability. A person’s abilities are assessed in this job based on a few factors. He’s given a paragraph in which the first and last sentences are complete, but the words in the middle are “damaged” by removing the second half of the term.
- Yes/No Vocabulary – This is a “yes/no” vocabulary test with a twist. This test requires the test taker to distinguish between a set of English words and pseudo-words that are made to appear English-like.
- Dictation (Duolingo Questions) – In this exercise, test takers must listen to a spoken sentence or a short chapter and then type it out using their computer’s keyboard. All of the candidates are given a total of one minute to listen to and then transcribe what they have heard.
Ideally, this post will aid you in comprehending the various facts and highlights of this examination, and you should now have a clear idea of how to proceed through the exam and what Duolingo is. So, if you have any other inquiries about something similar, please leave a comment below and let us know what they are so that we may better assist you later on, as we would gladly address any and all of your difficulties.