- Profile Evaluation
Study in USA
Study in Canada
Study in UK
Study in Australia
Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Case Studies
Canada - Complete Student VISA Process
India continues to send a constant stream of students to Canada. While an outstanding academic score is still required for admission to Canada’s Top Universities, a Study Permit is used to authenticate the permission to study. You will need a study permit before entering Canada if you want to pursue academic, professional, or vocational training at a university, college, or other educational institution. When students arrive in Canada, they are given a study permit. To get there, however, a student must first apply for a Temporary Resident Visa, which is issued by the Canadian High Commission and supported by Visa Application Centers. The designated VACs for Canadian Visas are VFS Global Services.
In this article, we’ll go over everything you need to know about getting a student visa in Canada, from the requirements to the paperwork you’ll need to get a Study Permit.
Eligibility criteria for Canada Student Visa
You can apply for a Canada Study visa if you fulfil the following criteria:
- You have been accepted by a designated learning institute (DLI).
- You need to prove that you have adequate funds to pay your tuition fee and living expenses.
- You need to prove that you have a clean background and no criminal record. The aspirants need to produce a police certificate to prove this.
- You need to do a health checkup and produce a medical certificate that certifies that you are in good health.
Also at the time of the visa interview, you need to convince the visa officer that you will leave Canada once you complete your studies.
Which Documents are required for Canadian Visa?
1. Valid Passport
2. Proof of Acceptance by a Designated Learning Institution
3. Proof of Funds
4. Passport Size Photographs
For offline application- two passport-sized photographs conforming to the given standards. For an online application- a digital copy of your photograph. Make sure the file size does not exceed 4 MB.
Other requirements are- your facial expressions must be neutral, plain background as well as no headgear (unless for religious purposes). Note – Size of the image should be at least 35 mm x 45 mm. Image should be recent (not older than 6 months).
5. Immigration Medical Examination (IME)
6. English Language Proficiency Exam Score
7. Statement of Purpose
8. Credit Card
While filling the application form in any of the University of Canada, you would need to show proof of fees paid as well as the stipulated cost of living @ CAD 10,000. If you are applying for Quebec you require at least CAD 11,000 for every year of your stay.
How to Apply for a Canadian Visa for Study
There are several steps to apply for a visa –
1. Check the processing times – It is possible that the visa application process will take 3-4 weeks. It’s a good idea to look at the website of the Canadian consulate to find out how long it takes to process a student visa. Please keep in mind that the time shown is only an estimate and not a promise.
2. Determine how you will apply – There are two ways to apply:
A) Online – To apply online, you’ll need a scanner or camera to make electronic copies of your documents for uploading, as well as a valid credit card. At the regional Visa Application Centre, you will still be needed to produce a finger scan (VAC).Remember that if you submit an online application, you must visit the VFS offices to pick up your passports and produce proof of form and fee payment. The only difference between the phases is the documentation you’ll need to bring to the VAC.
B) Apply in person – Read the instruction manual and download the application kit. The instruction booklet offers vital study permit information as well as directions to assist you in completing your application. Use the document checklist and read the guide thoroughly.
3. Fill out the http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/pdf/Consent_form_india.pdf and attach it with your application form. You need this form to get the assistance of VFS services for your visa filing process.
4. Pay the processing fee – Visa fees must be paid in addition to VFS Global service charges whether submitting an application via the VFS, in person or by mail. In all situations, the processing charge is non-refundable.
5. If you are applying for temporary residence visas, work permits, or study permits for your spouse/common-law partner and/or children, you will need to pay the relevant processing costs for them.
6. You must visit the nearest VFS office to submit your application and supporting documentation. When you arrive, pay the service fees and hand over your completed application for a receipt. This receipt provides your unique tracking number, which you’ll need to track your application’s progress online.
Canada Student Visa Fee
- According to the current exchange rate, a study permit in Canada costs CAD 150, which is roughly comparable to INR 8,370 (as stated on the CIC website). Because the exchange rate fluctuates, we recommend that you check it at the time of your visa application.
- Both online and offline applications for Canadian visas are accessible. As a result, visa processing fees can be paid either online (with a credit card) or offline (with a demand draught if paying at the Canadian High Commission) or in cash at the VAC. This charge must be paid at the time the application is filed, or a fee receipt must be produced for online payment.The Demand Draft must be made in Indian rupees in favour of the Canadian High Commission. VACs only accept cash payments.
- In addition, the visa cost does not include VAC service fees. You’ll have to pay the additional service fees that apply to your location. Each payment will also be accompanied by a receipt. As proof of payment, please save the receipt.
- Students must pay a biometric cost of CAD 85 after submitting their visa application. This charge must be paid in addition to the usual visa application fee. Your biometrics will be taken at a Visa Application Center after that.