- Profile Evaluation
Study in USA
Study in Canada
Study in UK
Study in Australia
Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Case Studies
What are the documents required for studying abroad?
Thinking about the exhaustive list of items required for the study abroad process, the first thing that strikes all of us is the list of documents that are required. Here is the guide to help the prospective students –
Academic Documents (varies by Degree Level)
1. 10th Class Mark sheet
2. 12th Class Mark sheet
3. Bachelors Semester Wise Mark Sheet
4. Bachelors Final Degree Certificate and Transcript
5. Masters Semester Wise Mark Sheet
6. Masters Final Degree Certificate and Transcript
7. Research Papers/ Technical Papers
Proof documents (varies by availability and university specific requirements)
1. Passport (both sides of the document)
2. Work Experience certificates (offer letters/ payslips are the alternative proof for the same)
3. Internship certificates
4. Project Certificates
5. Standardised Test Reports – SAT/ACT/GRE/GMAT
6. English Proficiency Test Reports – TOEFL/IELTS/PTE/DUOLINGO
7. Extra curricular certificates <if available>
9. Letter of recommendation <academic and professional>
10. Statement of Purpose
11. International Credential Evaluation (if required)
12. Financial documents/ Proof of Funds
Statement of Purpose – The soul of the application, it is a written statement that will talk about the academic and professional qualifications and as the name suggests, it states the purpose of applying to the particular university for a particular program. It includes the goals, background and achievements.
Technical Papers – It is a written document which is peer – recognized, describing the advancement, operation and outcomes or research of a particular research program. The key parts of the technical paper include – title, abstract, introduction, body, experiments, results, discussion, conclusion, acknowledgement, references and appendices.
International Credential Evaluation – It is an evaluation process which consists of inspecting and comparing the academic credentials of one country to another. The most renowned and acceptable evaluation organisation is WES – World Education Service (wes.org).
Financial Documents – The finance aspect of the process requires extensive planning. Since the need for the document type varies, the list below has all the document that might be required –
Bank account statements, loan approval/disbursement level, scholarship letters, affidavit of support/sponsorship, bank letters, loan capability certificate, etc.
Among these, the bank statements and the affidavit of support are the most important documents.
And this is how we come to the end of the long document list.
Good luck with your study abroad process!