Documents required for a loan

Pragya Sharma ✅

Pragya Sharma ✅

Co-Founder @ Ace My Prep & Study Abroad Expert


Loan for Studying Abroad

Before applying for an education loan, the applicant must be completely aware of the documents required to apply for a study loan abroad. The following documents are required to apply for an education loan for abroad studies: 

● Filled application form 

● Photographs: Passport size photographs of the applicant and the co-applicant. 

● Photo ID: Photo ID of the applicant and the co-applicant. It can be a PAN card, driving licence, Voter ID card, Aadhar Card, or Passport. 

● Residence proof: Resident proof of the applicant and the co-applicant 

● Academic documents: 

     ○ Mark sheet and certificates of the applicant 

     ○ Mark sheet (Score Report) of GRE,GMAT,IELTS etc. whichever is applicable 

● Admission proof: Admission letter shared by the university or college. 

● Bank statements: Last six months’ bank statements of the co-applicant 

● Income proof: Income proof of the co-applicant 

● In the case of collateral (immovable property), it can be flat, home, or non-agriculture land the following documents are required: 

     ○ Property title deed 

     ○ Building approved plan 

     ○ NOC for a mortgage from a builder or society 

Technical Documentation 

Apart from the above-mentioned documents, aspirants also need to have some other technical documents to avail of a student loan. 

●Title deed (all the pages to be attached) 

●Copy of approved layout plan and permissions case specific 

●Revenue document (Khata / Patta) 


●Non Encumbrance certificate 

●Possession Certificate (In case the flat is taken from a builder) 

●Latest Property tax receipt 

●Copy of Prior sale deeds 

●Conversion certificate 

●Urban clearance certificate (Case-specific) 

Legal documentation 

In addition to the standard and technical documents, aspirants also need to have a list of legal documents for getting an education loan – 

● Sale /gift/partition deed in favour of customer – Minimum 13 years 

● Khata Certificate and extract in the name of the current owner 

● Encumbrance certificate – Minimum 13 years reflecting all sale transactions 

● Latest Property tax receipt application form and approach your bank. 

● As soon as your loan is approved, the bank will issue a loan document that includes various elements of the loan. 

● After signing the loan document, the bank will disburse the amount in instalments or as asked by the university. 

Browse Top Study Abroad Destinations